The New Year is upon us and there’s never been a better opportunity to spruce up your home and give new life to its rooms. An interior designer and interior decorator work hand in hand and can help you find just the right items for decorating your home. When working with them, you may find some of the terms new or daunting. If so, here are a few terms used in decorating in regards to color…

Hue is what a color is called. Red and blue are both hues.

The value of a hue simply refers to how light or dark a hue is.

Saturations refers to how dominant the hue is. For example, if we go from red to soft pink, the red hue becomes less dominant.

Intensity refers to color brilliance. Pure colors such as green are more intense than combined colors such as green-blue.

If you’re looking for the right colors for in your designs or decorations, contact our offices in Joplin, MO. We specialize in interiors for the home and can work with you to create the look you’re wanting